1st PLACE: $1,500 check, work printed as a limited edition poster and in promotion
2nd PLACE: $750 check
3RD PLACE: $500 check
Create an original artwork in your media that you think best represents the SummerFest theme. SummerFest includes the following elements: Outdoor Summer Concerts, Independence Day Fireworks, Outdoor Fitness Classes, Kid’s DJ Dance Parties, Style Lounge and Foodie Fridays (food trucks, restaurant samplings and live music). The events all take place at Cross County Shopping Center, an outdoor mall in Westchester County, NY, featuring over 100 national retailers and restaurants.
The purpose of the contest is to design a poster for SummerFest at Cross County Shopping Center. The poster will be used in print and online in promotion of the series. The final version of the poster may be subject to change (addition of SummerFest graphics, center logo, etc.).
Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional with the ability to be scanned and reproduced.
- All artwork must be 18×24 inches or must scale to 24×36 inches.
- The entries must be submitted in JPG format, at least 300 dpi.
- Artwork should reflect SummerFest theme. It is the artists’ option whether or not to include the SummerFest name and logo.
- If it is NOT included, the festival name will be added by our graphic artist.
- The artist may have to adjust the artwork slightly if needed.
- If artist chooses to add text, you may include: 7th Annual SummerFest: Concerts * Fireworks * Fitness * Kid Fun * Style Trends (asterisks not required).
- For inspiration please visit our Facebook page to see photos from previous SummerFest events.
- Entries must be original works of art and entirely created by the entrant. No work will be accepted which is in violation of any copyright. No clip-art or stock photos.
- Each poster is judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme.
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work nor withdraw the work once accepted.
- Up to two entries maximum may be submitted by any one entrant.
- Judging will be by a committee, selected by Cross County Shopping Center management.
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Midnight on June 2, 2017.
- Must be 18 years or older to participate.
- There is no fee or purchase required to enter.
- Winners will be announced on June 9th. The winners will be notified via phone and email and then announced to the general public via our website and our social media pages.